Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010....

2009 is over, in a way I am glad.  This past year was the hardest I can remember.  With the bed rest with my pregnancy..with the diagnosis of CF with Ty.. to problems with my older kids in school, My relationship with my husband, My mother being on oxygen at home..cause of copd and emphysema...2009 sucked. Wondering what is in store for me in 2010.  My dad always told me "what doesn't kill ya makes you stronger" I must be one tough chick!!!!  I am thankful that all the bumps in the road this year have made me realize whats really important in life. When I tell people that Ty has Cystic Fibrosis I hate the responses that I get.  Its either "I'm so sorry"  or " I don't know how you deal with that, I couldn't handle it..." It makes me angry.  I honestly don't know what  the appropriate thing to say is  but don't be sorry, don't give me your condolences, I haven't suffered a loss.  I don't view Ty having CF as that.  I am blessed to have been given such a wonderful family, I will not let "statistics" ruin that.  My family is the most important thing to me...and the thing 2009 has taught me the most is to cherish every minute ...

1 comment:

  1. I can so relate to this post. I too have often felt put-off by the response you get when people learn of this illness. I don't know either what response I would prefer but definitely not the one I have gotten. It is a sad occurrence but not a loss. I hope that 2010 brings many new and exciting milestones for Tyler and that he defies all "statistics" for years to come. Good Luck and take care Mama....

    ReplyDelete